Saturday, November 3, 2007

This is my best friend.


His favorite song is "Stacey's Mom". He also loves "Everyday I Write the Book" by Elvis Costello, "Another Postcard" by the Barenaked Ladies, and "The Hypnotist" by Adam Sandler.

There are many things he loves and many things he hates.

He has lived in 6 different places in his life, and he has left behind a girlfriend in just about every town.

When he gets too much sugar or not enough sleep, he gets like a 3 foot version of a drugged up Goodbye Yellow Brick Road-era Elton John.

He makes me laugh every day. He calls me many names and knows how to tell a joke.

He loves going to the park with his sister.

He looks like his mother. (Thank God.)

Before we knew, I was sure he was going to be a girl. His name would have been Addison.

He dances with his fingers, and he hates sleeping alone.

His big brother is his hero ... he calls him "Bro".

He learned to talk very early. His first name for his mother was "Umi".

The day he was born was my favorite moment on the planet.

I first saw him walk at the Piedmont Triad International Airport in Greensboro, NC. (He had learned how to walk while I was gone to Norman, OK, and he was standing there waiting for me when I got back. As I came up, he was crying, and then he took two steps towards me.)

He calls me his best friend. He always has.

He is 1/5 of the best family ever.

1 comment:

kari said...

he's absolutely handsome, jason. i know that the mere existence of abbey has saved me more times than i can count, and that's even before she says something awesome and hilarious... that's even before she is watching a movie next to me and spontaneously kisses me on the shoulder.
i can't wait to bring another one into this world come may 2008.