Monday, December 17, 2007

I've been tagged! (I think you need pencillin for that!)

I got an e-mail from a friend saying that I had been "tagged" and that I had to write a blog about 8 random things and then tag 8 other folks with blogs who also have to write about 8 random things.

Truth be told ... I know hardly anybody with a blog. Which probably explains why I took me until this September to try and start one. Therefore, I think that I won't be able to pass it on like some of the other taggees.

I'm also assuming that the controversial "Can't -Tag-the-Butcher" rule that caused so much bitterness between me and the Heise kids in Melfort, Saskatchewan in late 1979 applies in this situation. ("Tagging the Butcher" means tagging the person who tagged you. Most games of tag we played had strict rules against tagging the butcher as it could create a fight when two players exchanged too many return tags ... which could often resemble a slap fight. F#ck you, Brett Heise!)

The 8 random things however .. easy!

1) I always remember that Keith Hernandez hit .299 as a member of the 1982 St. Louis Cardinals.

2) My youngest son's middle name is Arthur ... which is my middle name, my father's middle name, and my grandfather's first name. However, Adam does not have the ability to have an acronym, like me and my Dad did ... JAW & RAW.

3) Post-purchase cognitive dissonance is the feeling of disappointment, guilt or frustration after making a major purchase. As in "I'm having major post-purchase cognitive dissonance after we got the 800 Canon Digital Rebel XT camera, as it made all the pictures I took at my kids' Christmas program look like a version of Satan's Home for the Holidays!". I swear, there were less red eyes the day after the Coors company Christmas party, than there was on those pictures!

4) Barry Manilow's hit "I Write the Songs" was not written by Barry Manilow. It was written by Bruce Johnston, formerly of the Beach Boys ... who only wrote a handful of songs while he was in the band. Somehow, "I Occasionally Write the Songs" doesn't have the same ring.

5) I firmly believe that everything in life is analogous to the behind- the-scenes workings of professional wrestling.

6) Every girl that I have ever dated has had glasses.

7) I really don't care for pasta salad or crab. My wife told my mother-in-law this the day after she kindly made pasta salad with crab for us for an anniversary lunch. (P.S. - Kristin had to go out of town that day and couldn't come, so instead, my sister-in-law came with me for the lunch. No joke.)

8) I feel that Tony Bennett has a great voice ... but a questionable toupee.

Fin.

4 comments:

kari said...

outstanding, sir! well done!

testsdsd said...

How DARE you question the toupee of the greatest crooner of the last century.

Shame.

I'm officially boycotting your blog for the next 24 hours

Anonymous said...

I'd like to believe that Adam does have an acronym for his initials, just not a word proper but more of an an emote.

AAW!! Which is what is said when I see his picture.

See? So he is like you and your dad!

JW said...

I've always allowed him to qualify under this rule, but publically, I some times don't acknowlede it.

To some, it's spelled "ahh". If that were the case, we'd have to change his middle name to Hank as well as finally acknowledging John Hughes' rights as a parent!

However, under your loose interpretation of the acronym rule, Corey could also qualify under the little known bird emoting category ... "CAH".